SUMMARY: Configure Malwarebytes for your proxy server IP address/domain and port, and if required add the authentication username and password.
If you use a proxy server to access the Internet, you may have difficulty downloading updates for Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. While a forum topic lists a way to download updates over the web, they recommend obtaining updates through the software as the web updates may not be up-to-date.
By changing a few configuration settings you can configure the software to access a proxy server to obtain updates. While this tip provides basic information on changing these settings, further proxy setting questions may need to be referred to your proxy server administrator.
1. From Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, click the "Settings" tab.
2. Click the "Updater Settings" sub-tab.
3. Check "Use proxy server to download updates".Configuring Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to use a proxy server to obtain updates
4. Next to "Proxy server", enter your proxy server IP address / domain name.
5. Next to "Port", enter the proxy server port number.
6. If your proxy server requires authentication, check "Use authentication". Underneath, next to "Username" and "Password" enter the required information.This tip was written regarding Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware v184.108.40.2060 running on a Windows Vista machine. Features, information, and screenshots are subject to change between versions and operating systems.
Everyone is invited to submit comments. Registered users also receive their own visitor profile page with a summary of recent posts.
Register | Login
Print This TipGet E-Mail When New Tips are OnlineReturn to the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware page.