SUMMARY: Configure Windows Live Mail 2011 to ignore read receipt requests instead of prompting you each time.
You may occasionally receive an e-mail via Windows Live Mail 2011 that comes with a Read Receipt request. This is done by the sender to help ensure their messages actually make it to their destinations.
While there are many valid reasons for people to ask for read receipts, you may be concerned about privacy and never want to answer these requests. Thus, instead of always responding no to read receipt requests, you can quickly configure the software to ignore these silently:
1. From the main Windows Live Mail 2011 window, click the menu button in the Ribbon.
2. Select "Options", then "Mail" from the pop-up menu.Accessing Mail Options in Windows Live Mail 2011
(OR, instead of steps 1-2, press ALT+F, O, M.)
3. When the "Options" multi-tabbed dialog box appears, click the "Receipts" tab.
4. Underneath "Returning Read Receipts", click the "Never send a read receipt" radio button.Preventing Windows Live Mail 2011 from asking you to answer read receipt requests
5. Click "OK" to close the dialog box.This tip was written regarding Windows Live Mail 2011 Build 15.4.3502.0922 running on a Windows Vista system. Features, information, and screenshots for other versions / operating systems may vary.
Print This TipGet E-Mail When New Tips are OnlineReturn to the Windows Live Mail 2011 page.