SUMMARY: If Windows Live Mail 2011 is ignoring uppercased words while performing the spell check, perform this quick tweak.
Depending on your configuration, when composing e-mail and other items via Windows Live Mail 2011, words that are written in all caps may not get spell checked. If you find this a problem, a quick configuration change should do the trick:
1. From the main Windows Live Mail 2011 window, click the menu button in the Ribbon.
2. Select "Options", then "Mail" from the pop-up menu.Accessing Mail Options in Windows Live Mail 2011
(OR, instead of steps 1-2, press ALT+F, O, M.)
3. When the "Options" multi-tabbed dialog box appears, click the "Spelling" tab.
4. Underneath "When checking spelling, always ignore", uncheck "Words in UPPERCASE".Preventing Windows Live Mail 2011's spell checker from ignoring uppercased words
5. Click "OK" to close the dialog box.You may need to close and re-open windows for any e-mail or other items you are currently editing for this change to be reflected.This tip was written regarding Windows Live Mail 2011 Build 15.4.3502.0922 running on a Windows Vista system. Features, information, and screenshots for other versions / operating systems may vary.
Print This TipGet E-Mail When New Tips are OnlineReturn to the Windows Live Mail 2011 page.